Ikesma is an open access scientific journal published by The Faculty of Public Health, University of Jember. All articles received in the IKESMA Journal will be peer-reviewed using a double-blind. Authors who will submit manuscripts please read the following writing instructions:
- To submit articles, please go to https://jurnal.unej.ac.id/index.php/IKESMA/login
- If you don't have any account, please create one and log in.
- Prepare the script according to the instructions below.
- Manuscripts submitted will check a team of editors for plagiarism and writing format. The manuscripts that failed the initial examination will not be continued for review by reviewers.
- Please download the article originality form and copyright transfer agreement. The author must fill out all the forms and upload together with the manuscript and ethical clearance certificate for articles originating from research that has invasive procedures, if your article excludes invasive measures, it is enough to include a research permit.
- Manuscripts will rejected if they do not follow the IKESMA journal style and writing instructions.
All submitted articles use Indonesian or English. The Editor Team does not provide proofreading services for English, so it is the responsibility of the author. If the grammar is too bad and does not meet the standards, the editorial team will not process your manuscript.
Make sure all article components are ready to be uploaded:
- Title page, Copyright Transfer Agreement (signed by all authors), and Originality article
- Ethical clearance (for research with invasive procedures) or Research permit (for research with noninvasive measures)
It is a separate document from the manuscript and uploaded in the supplementary file section that comprises
- Manuscript title in Indonesian and English (5-12 words)
- The title contains the variables studied and describes the contents of the manuscript
- The title does not contain abbreviations and formulas
- Full names of all authors
- Complete address along with institution name and postal code of all authors
- Detailed information from the corresponding author (name, email, and telephone)
- Write the manuscripts in the word format with a maximum number of 10 pages.
- Use an A4 size (210 x 297 mm) and format it with a left margin of 30 mm, a right margin of 20 mm, a bottom margin of 20 mm, and a top margin of 30 mm.
- Manuscripts are typed in Times New Roman font size 11 pt with single spacing.
- Do not use bold for emphasis in the text.
- Subtitles are written in bold with Title Case format and arranged left aligned without underlines.
- The subtitles are written in bold with Sentence case format and arranged left aligned.
- Foreign words or terms are used in italics (Italic).
ABSTRACT AND KEYWORDS
- The abstract should be an informative summary of your manuscript.
- Abstract must follow a predetermined structure, which includes Introduction, Method, Results, Discussion and Conclusion, with a word count of 200-250 words and several keywords 3-5.
- Manuscripts in Indonesian must make 2 types of abstracts in Indonesian and English
- Abstract containing background using past tense and present tense sentences, research objectives, research methods, results and discussion, and conclusions using past tense sentences
The introduction is presented in a whole article without subtitles as a paragraph 15-20% of the total article contains
- Rational background or research
- Basic theory (brief literature review)
- Research purposes
Write in 15-20% of the total number of articles that contain
- Research design
- Population and research samples
- Data collection techniques and data sources
- Data analysis method
RESULTS AND DISCUSSION
Results and discussion are written 60-70% of the total article. The results and discussion of the research represent the main part of the scientific article that contains
- Results of data analysis
- Hypothesis testing results
- Present with tables or graphs to clarify results
- The discussion is an important part of the whole article. The objectives of the discussion are answering research problems, interpreting findings, integrating research findings into existing knowledge, and formulating new theories or modifying existing theories.
CONCLUSION/CONCLUSIONS AND SUGGESTIONS
- Contains conclusions and suggestions
- The conclusion contains answers to research questions.
- Suggestions refer to the results of research and forms of practical action, determining to whom the suggestion given.
- Write conclusions and suggestions in the form of an essay, not in numbers.
ACKNOWLEDGMENTS (if required)
Acknowledgments can be added if any contributions are received, including general support by the institution/institution/head as technical support, and financial and/or material support (including grants). State any conflicts of interest, if any.
- We recommended that citations and bibliography using standard citation applications (Mendeley, Endnote, Zotero, etc.).
- Arrange the references alphabetically and write it in Harvard Style
- Write the references in an entirety and only those referenced in the manuscript
- At least 80% of the references come from SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATIONS as journals or proceedings with a maximum year of 5/10 last years starting from submitting the manuscript in the IKESMA Journal.
- Unpublished sources, such as manuscripts or personal communication, cannot be used as written references.
- Exclude references in abstracts
- References in tables, figures and panels must be in numerical order according to where the item is cited in the text
- Libraries from online journals must include a DOI (Digital Object Identifier)
- Online materials, please quote the URL, together with the date you accessed the website
- Number the tables sequentially in Arabic numerals (Table 1, Table 2, Table 3 etc.) in the order of the first quote in the text
- Provide clear and informative titles on each table
- If the table is from another publication, it is mandatory to include the source.
- The picture numbered sequentially in Arabic numerals (Figure 1, Figure 2, Figure 3 etc.) in the order of the first quote in the text
- The image format can be JPEG/TIFF with a minimum resolution of 300 DPI and dimensions of 1,000 x 1,000 pixels. Images’s colour in CMYK or RGB format.
- Letters, numbers and symbols must be clear and even, and of sufficient size that when reduced in size for publication, each item will remain clearly identifiable.
- If the image comes from another publication, it is mandatory to include the source
- The author’s name and affiliation must not appear in the image
ABBREVIATIONS AND SYMBOLS
- Complete terms and abbreviations must be first written clearly followed by parentheses, such as a Digital Object Identifier (DOI). Then, simply use DOI.
- It must base abbreviations used on international standards
- Weight, volume etc must be written in standard metrics
- Numbers, both in the text's core and in the table, must be displayed in percentage (%).
- The standard deviation and median must follow data analysis using the average
- Thousands of data using point format, for example (Rp 123,300)
- Fractional data using comma format, for example (height 172.4 cm)
- Significance values should be displayed for example (p = 0.006)
Each equation is written in the center of the column and given a number written in brackets and placed at the end of the right margin. Equations must be written using the Equation Editor in MS Word or Open Office (Primack, 1983).
Ikesma: Jurnal Ilmu Kesehatan Masyarakat by Public Health Faculty, University of Jember is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Both authors and Ikesma: Jurnal Ilmu Kesehatan Masyarakat agree with the following attribution of journal:
- Ikesma: Jurnal Ilmu Kesehatan Masyarakat agrees to acknowledge the author's articles published in Open Journal Access of Ikesma
- The authors agree to acknowledge Ikesma: Jurnal Ilmu Kesehatan Masyarakat as the site of original publication of the articles
- As the authors agree to publish their articles in Ikesma, the copyright of the articles is fully transferred to Ikesma.
- The Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International licensing applied in Ikesma allows Ikesma share and adapt the articles by giving appropriate credit and distributing them to the readers for free under the same license.
Articles submitted in Ikesma should include the "Copyright Transfer Agreement" preceding the article publication. Authors can download the "Copyright Transfer Agreement" for the purpose of publication.