Community Empowerment of Islamic Boarding Schools Through Introspection Surveys to Realize Healthy Islamic Boarding Schools at Nurul Hidayah Islamic Boarding Schools
Islamic boarding school is a place where students gather in one room such as sleeping, eating, studying and using shared bathrooms so that it becomes a risky place for disease transmission. The activity stages started from setting priorities for existing problems using the USGF (Urgency, Seriousness, Growth, Feasibility) matrix and next stage conducted an introspective survey. Diarrhea is the first priority health problem in the Nurul Hidayah Islamic boarding school. The results of the introspective survey stated that all students did not wash their hands with soap before and after eating and defecating or urinating, all students also often consumed food from outside. Based on observation, the Nurul Hidayah Islamic boarding school did not have a handwashing area yet, a closed trash can, and a Poskestren. Empowerment of the pesantren community through an Mawas Diri survey resulted in setting priorities for health problems in the Nurul Hidayah Islamic boarding school environment, namely diarrheal disease. From the results of filling in the introductory survey instrument, behavioral and non-behavioral (enivornment and policy) factors will be obtained that were at risk of disease transmission, especially diarrhea.
2. Ahla H. Analisis Pelaksanaan Program Pos Kesehatan Pesantren (Poskestren) Di Kota Semarang (Studi Di Poskestren Durrotu Aswaja Sekaran Gunungpati Semarang). Media Kesehat Masy Indones. 2021;20(1):12–8.
3. Khafid M, Ainiyah N, Maimunah S. Gambaran Perilaku Hidup Bersih dan Sehat di Pondok Pesantren Nurul Huda Surabaya. Indones J Heal Sci. 2019;10(2):177–81.
4. Nurcahyani, Fitriastuti W, Rizka M, Rismayani R, Pradani SA, Astuti D, et al. Pemberdayaan Masyarakat Kelurahan Sonorejo dalam Rangka Meningkatkan Pengetahuan Mengenai Hipertensi dengan Media Poster. J War LPM. 2021;24(4):656–66.
5. Nurul Fikriah NL, Yulianto FA, Yusroh Y, Irasanti SN, Rosady DS. Perilaku Hidup Bersih dan Sehat dan Diare Akut di SMP Plus Pesantren Baiturrahman Bandung. J Integr Kesehat Sains. 2019;1(2):171–4.
6. Purnama TB, Eliandy SRH, Lestari C. Perilaku Cuci Tangan Pakai Sabun pada Santri di Pondok Pesantren Kota Medan. J Promosi Kesehat Indones. 2020;15(2):70–4.
7. Solomon ET, Gari SR, Kloos H, Alemu BM. Handwashing effect on diarrheal incidence in children under 5 years old in rural eastern Ethiopia: a cluster randomized controlled trial. Trop Med Health. 2021;49(1):1–11.
8. Aeni S, Bujawati E, Habibi, Mahdiyah D. Gambaran Determinan Kejadian Penyakit Diare pada Santri di Pesantren Modern 1 Kota Makassar Tahun 2018. 2019.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.