GUIDE FOR AUTHOR
ABDIMAYUDA: Indonesian Journal of Community Empowerment for Health with registered number ISSN 2962-5890 (online) is an open access journal published by the Faculty of Public Health, University of Jember in collaboration with PERSAKMI. Since 2022, ABDIMAYUDA: Indonesian Journal of Community Empowerment for Health published two times in February and August with the number of articles in Indonesian in each issue of 6 articles. This journal deals with the practice and process of community engagement programs. This journal is a forum for academics, practitioners, students, and community representatives to explore problems and practices related to various activities involving the community. All accepted articles will be peer-reviewed using a double-blind method. Authors who will submit manuscripts, please read the writing instructions below:
All manuscripts submitted in this journal are in Indonesian.
Make sure all the documents below are ready to be uploaded.
- MANUSCRIPT (You can download the template in the menu Template and Supporting File)
- TITLE PAGE uploaded in the supplementary file (You can download the template in the menu Template and Supporting File)
- COPYRIGHT AND STATEMENT OF ORIGINALITY OF MANUSCRIPT uploaded in the supplementary file (You can download the template in the menu Template and Supporting File)
- Submission of manuscripts is done online by creating an account on the Online Journal System (OJS) via the following link: https://jurnal.unej.ac.id/index.php/ABDIMAYUDA/user/register?source=
- Full paper manuscripts are written as many as 8 to 12 pages.
- Authors who submit manuscripts must ensure that all co-authors have been included in the list of authors on the article manuscript and OJS, and have read and approved the version of the submitted manuscript.
- The submitting author, who is generally the correspondent author, is responsible for the manuscript during the submission process and reviewer review.
- Correspondence author submit manuscripts by sending full paper manuscript files according to the format, title page, and originality of the article according to the format through OJS ABDIMAYUDA Journal.
- The editorial board will check the suitability of the author's article manuscript with the focus, purpose and completeness of other supporting files.
- Full paper manuscripts that are in accordance with the focus, objectives, and provisions of this journal will be continued at the review stage by the reviewer.
- After the review process, the author will receive a notification from the editorial board regarding the acceptance or rejection of the manuscript.
- Manuscripts received will continue at the proofreading, copyediting, and production stages.
- If there are problems in the submission process, the correspondent writer can contact the editorial board via email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
RESEARCH MANUSCRIPT SECTION
Title: The title of the manuscript should be concise, specific and relevant. The title describes the results of the community engagement, not the results of research. The title is written in Capitalize Each Word, Cambria, bold, font size 16 pt, and formatted Justify.
List of Authors and Affiliates: The full name of the author is written without including the title. Standard format for writing affiliations: full address information including city, postal code, state/province, and country. One author must be designated as the correspondent author and include his or her email address at the end of the affiliation section. If there is more than one author, then one author and the next are given a comma (,). The first author is numbered 1 (superscript) at the end of the name, the second author is numbered 2 (superscript), and so on. Author's name is written in capital letters at the beginning of each word (Capitalize Each Word), Cambria font, Bold font size 12 pt, formatted right-left (Justify). Affiliations are written sequentially, preceded by a number description (superscript) using capital letters at the beginning of each word (Capitalize Each Word), Cambria font, font size 11 pt, right-left format (Justify).
Abstract: Abstract written in English and Indonesian. Abstract consists of a maximum of 200 words. The abstract must be one paragraph and must follow the abstract format provided. The abstract consists of (1) Background: write down the urgency of the activity so that service activities are important to carry out; 2) Method: Briefly describe the method applied. 3) Results: Summarizing the main findings and results of the activity evaluation; and 4) Conclusion: must contain conclusions from community engagement activities in accordance with the objectives. Conclusions are short, concise, and clear sentences. The abstract must be an objective representation of the article: it must not contain results that are not presented and substantiated in the main text and must not exaggerate the main conclusions.
Keywords: Three to five relevant keywords need to be added after the abstract.
INTRODUCTION: The proportion of the introduction is not more than 15% of the total page of the full paper manuscript. The introduction is written using Cambria, 11 pt, single spaced. The main principle of community engagement is solving health problems. The introduction contains the background and urgency so that community engagement activities are important to carry out, by containing the following:
(1) Situation analysis (Describe the condition of the target audience/activities partners, the basic problems faced by partners supported by complete data and quantitative data are sought), (2) Describe the work program dedicated to solving problems faced by the target audience/partners. The service program that will be implemented can solve the problem of the target audience, (3) Describe the reliability of the technology/service/policy that will be dedicated to the target audience referred to from various research results sourced from scientific journals, research reports, dissertation/thesis/thesis reports, and other sources. other scientific activities, (4) Objectives and benefits of activities.
IMPLEMENTATION METHOD: The implementation method is written using Cambria, 11 pt, single spaced. The Implementation Method contains the following: (1) Place and Time (Describe the location of the activity and the time of implementation. If possible accompanied by a map or other location drawings), (2) Audience suggestions/Activity Partners (Describe who and how to determine it), (3) Community Engagement Methods (example: Describe preparation, counseling, training, mentoring, demonstrations, etc.), (4) Success Indicators (Describe indicators to be achieved in service activities), (5) Evaluation Method (Describe techniques for conducting evaluations to measure achievement) success indicator)
RESULTS AND DISCUSSION: The results and discussion are written using Cambria, 11 pt, single spaced. The results and discussion must be related to the method of implementing community engagement activities with implementation methods, especially links to service methods (eg discussing the results of the implementation and success of training, discussing the results of implementation and successful demonstrations, etc.). It should also discuss the achievement of activities, whether the results of the evaluation have met the indicators of success.
CONCLUSION: The conclusion is written in paragraph form using Cambria, 11 pt, single spaced. Conclusions must contain conclusions from community engagement activities in accordance with the objectives. Conclusions are short, concise, and clear sentences.
Acknowledgement: Acknowledgments are written in Cambria, 11 pt, single spaced. In this section the author can acknowledge any support provided that is not covered by the author's contribution or funding section. This may include administrative and technical support, or in-kind donations (for example, materials used for experiments).
Conflict of Interest: Conflicts of interest are written in Cambria, 11 pt, single spaced. Authors must identify and state any circumstances or personal interests that may be deemed to influence the representation or interpretation of the reported community engagement program results. If there is no conflict of interest, please state "The authors declare no conflict of interest."
REFERENCES: References are written in Vancouver style. It's a good idea to prepare references with a bibliographic software package, such as Mendeley to avoid typing errors and duplication of references. References used 80% must be sourced from scientific articles and published a maximum of the last 5 years.