Stunting Prevention Education and Training by Making Toddler Food Companion Snacks in Masjid Village, Samarinda City
Stunting can occur because one of the factors is the mother's education which has an impact on the mother's low knowledge about stunting and also inappropriate maternal parenting. The results of observations at the intervention site show that there are still people who ignore the importance of nutritional intake and most of the people have less knowledge and awareness about stunting prevention. In addition, children under five in the area also do not like vegetables. Therefore, this community service activity is carried out with the aim of increasing the understanding and skills of mothers in preventing stunting in toddlers and processing vegetables that can be interesting for consumption by toddlers. The target of this activity is mothers who have toddlers in the Masjid Village, Samarinda City. The activity was carried out on December 9, 2021 through education and training. The media used are leaflets. This activity is evaluated by making direct observations during the implementation of the activity. The result of this activity is that the community begins to understand stunting prevention efforts and is skilled in processing vegetables into more attractive spring roll snacks for consumption by toddlers as an alternative to healthy snacks to prevent stunting.
2. Aridiyah FO, Rohmawati N, Ririanty M. Faktor-faktor yang Mempengaruhi Kejadian Stunting pada Anak Balita di Wilayah Pedesaan dan Perkotaan (The Factors Affecting Stunting on Toddlers in Rural and Urban Areas). Pustaka Kesehatan. 2015 Jan 17;3(1):163-70.
3. Izwardy D. Studi Status Gizi Balita Terintegrasi Susenas 2019. Balitbangkes Kemenkes RI. 2020.
4. Arif. Dkk. Kandungan Gizi yang Terdapat di dalam Ayam. Pustaka Kesehatan. 2015.
5. Tama NA, Handayani H. DETERMINAN STATUS PERKEMBANGAN BAYI USIA 0–12 BULAN. Jurnal Mahasiswa BK An-Nur: Berbeda, Bermakna, Mulia. 2021 Nov 1;7(3):73-80.
6. Notoatmodjo S. Promosi Kesehatan dan Ilmu Perilaku. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta. Applied Nursing Research. 2007.
7. Nurika G, Putra DN, Nafisah NN, Basied R. Manajemen Bank Sampah: Menjadikan Sampah Bernilai Ekonomi Bagi Masyarakat Pondok Pesantren. ABDIKAN: Jurnal Pengabdian Masyarakat Bidang Sains dan Teknologi. 2022 Feb 22;1(1):81-8.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.