Jurnal Kajian Pembaruan Hukum / Journal of Studies in Legal Reform is a fully open access refereed journal that aspires to publish a contemporary analysis of legal reform in Asia. It is rooted in the idea that Asian heterogeneity has historically encouraged a complex legal system, particularly amidst the rapid economic and socio-cultural development as the current reality under the auspices of globalization.
Following its specializing focus to explore Asian legal reform, the Editorial Board welcomes new submissions which emphasize the new perspectives for displaying and opening an intimate knowledge into the way they work in practice on the following topics that:
● involve in indigenizing the distinctive nature and complex development of legal reform in Asia;
● discuss the contextual issues on the intersection of the rule of law reform and the Asian legal transplants;
● critically examine the emerging issues of the Asian and other related legal systems in the South hemisphere; and
● locate analytical foundations for the legal reform and future development of Asian legal education.
All types of manuscripts, from socio-legal to theoretical will be considered for publication. However, preference will be given to submissions with cross-disciplinary approaches so that the authors are advised to submit a manuscript that:
● discusses law and its social, economic, and political context in the Asian countries;
● uses the Asian perspective on socio-legal issues of international concerns;
● considers the Asian historical trajectory to develop its own distinctive legal system; or
● brings the Asian countries as the starting point to explore the current legal conversation.
New submissions may comprise articles (7,000-10,000 words), notes (4,000-6,000 words), and book reviews (1,000-1,500 words), written in English or Indonesian language. The published papers were subject to a double-blind peer-review process by at least two experts. The Editor's final decision considered relevance to the journal's aims and scope, the quality of research and writing, and geographical diversity. The novelty of academic contribution was also an essential requirement. Please read the call for new submissions for information on manuscript submission.
If you require any further information or help, please visit our Support Center.
Instructions for Authors