Spatial Distribution Patterns of Lantana camara L. Population as Invasive Alien Species In Pringtali Savana Bandealit Resort Meru Betiri National Park
Bandealit is one of the resorts in Meru Betiri National Park (MBNP). This area has many endemic floras and faunas affected by the presence of invasive alien spesies plants. These plants tend to give negative impacts on savana ecosystem among them is, Lantana camara L. The distribution of this invasive alien spesies in the savana can be used to provide information about the characteristic of the environment. This study was conducted to investigate the patterns of spatial distribution of invasive alien L. camara population in the Pringtali Resort Bandealit savana region. The characters of plant species morphology was recorded for species name identification and validation. Percent cover of the individual L. camara species was collected within 50 plots (5x5 m2), while each of coordinate species found in the plots was recorded by using GPS (Global Positioning System). Abiotic factors such as temperature, pH, light intensity, and soil moisture were measured within the plots. The location of the data collection is 5,000 m2. The distribution pattern of invasive alien L. camara population was analyzed using ArcGIS and Dispersion Morisita’s Index (Ip). The result showed that 51.7% of L. camara population grew spasially close together (clumped) or overlapped one another based on the ArcGIS. This means that L. camara individuals distributein clumped pattern. While the other individuals (48.3%) grew apart randomly from each other. This distribution pattern showed by Ip value, 0.51 was also clumped or clustered. It can be concluded that the distribution pattern ofinvasive alien species L. camara is clumped because the reproduction of plant was by seeds dispersal or vegetative buds that lived around parental individuals.
Keywords: ArcGIS, Lantana camara L., Invasive Foreign Plants, Morisita index, Distribution Pattern.
Carrión-Tacuri J, Rubio-Casal AE, de Cires A, Figueroa M. E& Castillo J.M. 2011. Lantana camara L.: A weed with great light-acclimation capacity. Photosynthetica, 49(3):321–329. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11099-011-0039-6
Crawley MJ. 1986. Plant Ecology, 9 Blackwell Scientific Publications, Oxford. 496 pages. ISBN 0-632-01365-X
Djufri, D. 2002. Determination of Distribution Pattern, Association, and Interaction of Plant Species Particularly the Grassland in Baluran National Park, East Java. Biodiversitas. Journal of Biological Diversity.3(1):181–188. https://doi.org/10.13057/biodiv/d030103
Kurniawan A. 2008. Tree Species Distribution along The Environmental Gradients in Pananjung Pangandaran Nature Reserve, West Java. Biodiversitas, Journal of Biological Diversitas. 9(4):275–279. https://doi.org/10.13057/biodiv/d090407
Lonare MK., Sharma M, Hajare SW & Borekar VI. 2012. Lantana camara: Overview in Toxic to Potent Medicinal Properties. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Science and Research. 3(9):3031–3035.
Michael P. 1994. Metode ekologi untuk penyelidikan ladang dan laboratorium / oleh P Michael; penerjemah Yanti R. Koestoer, pendamping Sahati Suharto.
Odum EP. 1993. Koleksi Buku 1993. Basic Ecology, Yogyakarta: Gadjah Mada University Press.
Priyanka N & Joshi PK. 2013. A Review of Lantana camara Studies in India. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publication. 3(10):1–11.
Purwono B, Wardhana BS, Wijanarko K., Setyowati E& Kurniawati D. 2015. Keanekaragaman Hayati dan Pengendalian Jenis Asing Invasif.Jakarta:Kantor Menteri Lingkungan Hidup Republik Indonesia dan The NatureConsevancy
Sahira M. 2016. Analisis vegetasi tumbuhan asing invasif di kawasan Taman Hutan Raya Dr. Moh. Hatta, Padang, Sumatera Barat. 2(2012), 60–64. https://doi.org/10.13057/psnmbi/m020112
Sharma GP, Raghubanshi AS & Singh JS. 2005. Lantana invasion: An overview. Weed Biology and Management. 5(4): 157–165. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1445-6664.2005.00178.x
Susanti T, Suraida& Febriana H. 2013. Keanekaragaman Tumbuhan Invasif di Kawasan Taman Hutan Kenali Kota Jambi. Prosiding Semirata FMIPA Universitas Lampung, 1(1), 433–440.
Wahyuni SA, Pambudi LB& Zuhud EAM. 2017. Population and Distribution Plant Pattern Paliasa (Kleinhovia hospita L.) in Bontobahari District. Media Konservasi. 22(1): 11–18. https://doi.org/10.29244/medkon.22.1.11-18
Zheng Y, Feng Y, Valiente-Banuet A, Li Y, Liao Z, Zhang J., & Chen Y. 2015. Are invasive plants more competitive than native conspecifics? Patterns vary with competitors. Scientific Reports, 5 (November 2014):1–8. https://doi.org/10.1038/srep15622.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.